Mandatory Aid Station Check-in for 50M & 50K
- We haven't lost anyone yet, but this requires your cooperation. (We were pretty worried a couple of times, especially early on in Hell when a guy got off trail and decided to just go to sleep... overnight...)
- At each aid station, please inform the volunteers that you have arrived; shout out your bib number to wake them up.
- It is vital that we record your race number at Steinke Basin!!!
- Thank the volunteers even if they seem clueless and intoxicated.
Course Marking and other IMPORTANT STUFF!
- 50M is marked PINK throughout. Think PINK!
- 50K is PINK for the first 25 miles. The last 6 miles are WHITE for the 50K!
- MARATHON is PINK for the first 20 miles. The last 6 miles are WHITE for the MARATHON!
- The 50M/50M/26.2 will al Start after the big bright yellow thing makes it's appearance! No headlamps/flashlights required.
- 50M cut-off: 6:30 PM. That's 13 hours!
- 50K cut-off: You must be past Steinke Basin and on the last 6.2 (white) loop by 1:30 PM. If not past Steinke by 1:30, you'll be directed to the finish and given a DNF. (That's a 19.2 min/mile to get to Steinke.)
- 50 Mile & 50K travel the same course for 25 miles; the Marathon course is similar with different turn-arounds on the 2 out & backs.
- When you all return to Steinke Basin Aid:
- 50M runners do the PINK loop again
- 50K switches to the WHITE flags for their last 6 miles
- Marathon also switches to the WHITE flags for their last 6 miles
- The course is marked with stick flags; there are signs where I feel you might feel confused.
- Stick flags of other colors are for other events. They intersect, coexist and depart your event. So remember what color you're following:
- READ THE SIGNS!!!!
- 50M stays on PINK the whole way: THINK PINK (no matter how much you stink)!
- 50K/MARATHON will be told by Steinke Aid Staff to switch to WHITE for the last 6 miles.
Cut-Off Times / Pulled from Course
- 50M cut-off: 6:30 PM. That's 13 hours! (15.5 min/mile pace)
- 50K cut-off: You must be past Steinke Basin and on the last 6.2 (white) loop by 1:30 PM (19.2 min/mile pace to get to Steinke by 1:30). If not past Steinke by 1:30, you'll be directed to the finish and given a DNF.
50M Decision Point/Steinke Basin
- If you arrive at Steinke Basin (at 25 miles) after 12:00 noon, you will be required to head to the finish and be scored in the 50K.
- You can also elect to drop from the 50M to the 50K voluntarily at that point.
- You must inform the volunteers you are doing that.
50M Pull times (on second loop in the park)
You will need to maintain a 15.5 min/mile pace to complete 50M in 13 hours.
- Lake (30 miles) - 1:15
- South Bluff (32 miles) - 1:45
- Meadow (38 miles) - 3:20
- Solum (42 miles) - 4:30